Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trip of a Lifetime: Part 1

I have spent the last few days dealing with my Dad's diagnosis. I had to call siblings and family and explain what it meant. Was not fun. But now I want to show you some fun.

In 2006, my husband and I asked my Dad where he would like to visit if he could go anywhere in the world. He replied: "The Panama Canal." So we went about booking a 2 week cruise through the Panama Canal. We had a fantastic, huge room at the back of the ship Infinity with an awesome view. After the cruise was over my Dad wrote me a letter stating that it was the trip of a lifetime. He'd never taken a 2 week vacation and had never been on a cruise ship or out of the U.S.A. really---ok, I don't count taking him to Tijuana when I lived in San Diego. Anyway, the 3 of us had a blast. Enjoy the photos.





In L.A. getting ready to begin the cruise after going through emergency procedures. Dad is such a nut!






First stop in Cabo San Lucas






Winning at the slot machines!






Acapulco, Mexico cliff divers.






Huataulco, Mexico. We spent the whole day on the beach with drinks, food and beach chairs for only $31.00!






Passed out in the sun on our way to Costa Rica.






In the hills of Costa Rica. These 2 little girls were lovely and spoke English and Spanish to my Dad. They followed him around and he met their father. He thought they were beautiful.






Sunset at Puntarenos, Costa Rica.

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Great pictures and memories. I am glad you had that time, and hope it will help you both as you move forward in these difficult times.