Friday, October 10, 2008

Obama Responds on Ayers Association

Barack Obama went on conservative Michael Smerconish's radio show to respond to the McCain campaign's smear regarding Bill Ayers.

Audio of the interview:





Some of what Obama said:

"The gentleman in question, Bill Ayers, is a college professor, teaches education at the University of Illinois," he said. "That's how I met him -- working on a school reform project that was funded by an ambassador and very close friend of Ronald Reagan's" along with "a bunch of conservative businessmen and civic leaders."

"Ultimately, I ended up learning about the fact that he had engaged in this reprehensible act 40 years ago, but I was eight years old at the time and I assumed that he had been rehabilitated," Obama said.


Gah, if I was to held responsible for some of the stupid things people I knew in the 60's did I'd probably be in prison or a mental ward. Obama went on to say the following:

"This guy is not part of my inner circle, he doesn't advise my campaign, he's not going to advise me as president," Obama assured listeners.


I just think this line of attack not only smacks of desperation on the part of the McCain campaign but also stupidity. The economy is tanking daily and this is all the McCain campaign has to say to America? I think it's because they know if they talk about the economy it's a losing battle. It's just nauseating to see the level to which his campaign has sunk.

You can read an entire article over at Ben Smith's Blog.

2 comments:

Beth said...

What slays me is that the McCain campaign has flat out said that they don't think they can win if the issue is the economy, so they planned on upping the personal attacks. They said it! Seems to me that's a pretty significant part of the puzzle!

Beth

Fish Hawk Jody said...

Oh absolutely. I remember his crew saying that. It's apparent to many that McCain's campaign is bankrupt of ideas so personal attacks is all they have left. Oh well, he destroyed his own legacy all in the name of a narcissistic pursuit. He even said in his book that he wanted to run for president out of selfish reasons.