Monday, October 27, 2008

Jury Duty

Oh yeah. I had to go downtown to the Daley Center today to hang around with my jury duty notice to see if I ended up getting picked. I did! Yikes! LOL It's going to be civil case and the judge said it will likely last 2 weeks. That's a ton of time for a civil case. All I can say is that it's a medical malpractice case.

I'll write about it after it's over. I will say that voir dire was an interesting thing.

So, for 2 weeks I have to drag myself out of bed and wake up early, drive downtown with my husband and hang out in my husband's office for 2.5 hours before floating to court. The people there crack me up. They tried grilling me about the case and I said "no, no no---you all know husband is a lawyer, he'd have to report me!" LOL They were just kidding anyway. Not sure how much posting I'll feel like doing after I get home.

One cool thing though. I met this woman in the jury pool and we had a great time chatting. Found out we both have a great many of the same interests and are the same age, similar backgrounds and will be meeting up downtown to get together. She did not get chosen for the trial. Interesting way to meet new people.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Good luck with jury duty. I hope it's an interesting case! Great that you met someone that you get along with--it can be hard to make friends, but it sounds like you really hit it off with her!

Beth

Ken Riches said...

Glad you have an opportunity to perform a second civic duty, after voting, jury duty is extremely important.