Sunday, October 12, 2008

Creating

I love earrings and things but can never find what I really like or something that 10,000 other women don't have. I always want something simple, original, don't want to pay a zillion bucks and the department stores leave me disappointed. That led me to begin making my own many years ago. Now I make what I like and sell them. I love natural stones and Swarovski crystal so I try to find interesting colors. I use the most natural materials I can find. I love stones such as the different jaspers, agates, wood and others. For me, Swarovski crystal is simply the best. When I lived in Germany I had the opportunity to drive to Austria and visit their factory. That was impressive!

I have tons of earrings and necklaces and am always ready to show people what beads I have so they can choose something they like. They tell me what they want; color, material, necklace, earring and then I put together a design. I've found that when you let a customer design their own they are never happy with the result! When I make the wire earrings ( not the threaders ) I sell them with stoppers because there's nothing worse than losing an earring. I also make earrings that have post backs. I keep my prices reasonable and sell through email contact because I work out of my home or at my girlfriend's shop on occasion. It's fun and keeps me busy.

Here are some of the simple things I make.


Made with fresh water pearls, Swarovski crystal and bali silver. Focal bead is hand blown glass







Made with leopard jasper, Swarovski crystal and sterling silver beads and clasp






Made with fresh water pearls and gold vermeil and 14 kt. gold-filled threader ear wires.






Made with hand made glass focal bead and Swarovski crystal and sterling silver ear wires






Made with Murano glass focal bead ( Murano glass is incredible and is fused with gold in the glass blowing process ), vintage crackle glass secondary bead and gold vermeil, bead and ear wires.




5 comments:

Beth said...

Those are beautiful! I was making some jewelry a while back and really enjoyed it, and was having fun making different designs. Then I started having a strange reaction to the earring wires, and can't wear earrings anymore! :( Seeing your designs makes me want to start making some again, though, just to give away as gifts.

Beth

Ken Riches said...

The earings are nice, I imagine a lot of the fun is finding unique materials to make them with :o)

How I See It said...

Gorgeous jewelry! I have stopped by because of Bucko's suggestion, and I'm glad I did. Come on over and give a visit sometime. -Karen

Sage Ravenwood said...

I have oodles of stuff to make jewelry. I just haven't found the time to sit and do what I want with it. Right now Paul is bugging me to indian bead a guitar strap for him. There is quite a bit of money in that project to be made if I ever decide to try selling any...Again there never seems to be enough time. (Hugs)Indigo

Sage Ravenwood said...

I meant to tell you I love the jewelry you've made. Your talented at what you do.(Hugs)Indigo