Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tragedy and Peace

Another pet tragedy for me. That makes 2 in less than 2 weeks. Yesterday our 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Cinnamon had to be euthanized. She had a tumor that basically she bit into and it bled like crazy. We knew she had limited time.

I had gone to the garage and when I came back into the house it looked like someone had been murdered. Blood was everywhere---the walls, the floor, the doors. Needless to say I was shocked. I knew what had happened and I went to work cleaning. It was horrible. I was so freaked out because I was alone and the Vet is 45 minutes away. I called my husband in Chicago and at 8:30 at night on Monday he jumped in the car and drove 7 hours up here to assist.

Tuesday morning we drove to the Vet and Cinny is now at peace. We buried her on a hill here on our property. She was a wonderful dog; my fishing partner and protector. We miss her so much and so does our other dog, Tanner. But hubby and I take comfort in that she is at rest, at peace. Now she's across the rainbow bridge with Sammy and all our other creatures.

Here's her last photo:



No more pet tragedies for me this summer. The rest should be a peaceful summer.



BTW, Wild Blue FAILED to show up on Sat. so I'm still on dial up..arghhhhhh. Now they are supposed to show up this Sat.---they better.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry, Jody. I would have freaked, too. Poor big sweetie, she's at peace now.

Ken Riches said...

So sorry for another pet loss. Hope things get better soon.