Monday, June 8, 2009

Now Back On Satellite Broadband

WOOOHOOO!. Finally, Wild Blue showed up Saturday and hooked me up. It's awesome. Darn near as great as cable broadband at home. The tech was fantastic and it took about 3 1/2 hours to do it. I'm so glad to be able to actually watch a page load in less than 3 days! HAHAHAHA.

Yesterday was my birthday, yeah, I'm now 56---yikes! LOL So we took the boat out for a spin. Well, wouldn't you know something bizarre would happen. We had to swerve toward shore to avoid an insane boater driving erratically and hit a freakin' rock. Well, that nailed our propeller. It now looks like it has fringe made of aluminum. It still functions but geezez, if you try and use higher speeds it's unbalanced so now we have to order a new one. I can still use the boat at slow speeds but if I want to go out fishing I'm just going to use the trolling motor instead. I swear, people should NOT DRINK AND BOAT.

There's this one house here that's really a corporate retreat for a big manufacturing owner and he brings these "clients" up to entertain and far too many are just idiots and get drunk and take out his boats. I was out fishing and I heard the drunks laughing and saw the boat coming out and could hear the motor cavitating. That means they were too stupid drunk to put the motor down into the water completely. That also means you have little control for steering. The housekeeper man had to jump in a little boat and go after them to fix the situation. Morons! Someday they will kill somebody or themselves. No excuse for that kind of behavior. Otherwise everyone else up here is really great.

Oh, here's where we buried Cinny. We call it animal boot hill...all our critters will be there either as ashes from cremation or buried.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Glad you're back on high speed...but sorry the stupid boaters are as well!

Ken Riches said...

Happy belated birthday. Glad no one was hurt in the moronic boating incident :o)