Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Crop

Yeah! Today I pulled my first batch of radishes. I love them and they grow so well and so darn fast up here. This year I put up 4 square foot boxes. I'll have to take a photo of the 4th one since it's in a different location because of the vegetables growing in it.

So, here's the first three gardens:






Now for the goodies. These are called Easter Egg radishes. They are so colorful; from white to pink to purple to red! Fun and tasty!



Next are the Giant Crimson laying on the right. The Easter eggs ones are in the basket.



And here's the combination of both all cleaned up and in the basket ready for the fridge. All the clippings go right into a composter that sits to the left and behind the first garden. I love that thing because it spins! Oh, the radishes tasted wonderful! Since they grow so quickly, I fluffed up the spoil, added some more soil and planted more radishes. Those will be ready in 25 - 30 days.



YUMMY!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

They look great, and I love radishes! I think it might be a little too warm for them here right now, but I might have to try a few later on. They really do grow very quickly!

Ken Riches said...

Those look tasty :o)