Friday, May 29, 2009

The Beauty of the North Woods

I just had to post these photos. It's so beautiful up here in the North Woods. We have all kinds of creatures. Some that swim, some that cruise the land and some that fly.

This photo is of a small island across from my home--it's part of my daily view. It's approximately 1/2 mile out in the lake. Up in that tall tree is a nest for Bald Eagles. Every year they come and create a new family.



Here's one of the adult pair taking off from the nest to look for food.



Here's the same bird in flight looking down at the lake in case a fish makes a fatal mistake and becomes dinner!



Sometimes they fly so low over my head I swear I could reach out and touch them. Ah, but those talons wouldn't be too much fun to feel. But they are so beautiful! Enjoy!


P.S. Tomorrow afternoon Wild Blue will come to hook up my satellite broadband. That will certainly be better than this crummy dial up!

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Very serene. Looks like a wonderful place to visit :o)

Beth said...

What a treat to be able to watch a bald eagle family up close and personal. Enjoy!