Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another Beautiful Day

Today is going to be a great day to be outside. The sun is shining and the blue sky is incredible. I have another Cardinal visitor. This guy was arguing with the other male over the female. The female flew away leaving the 2 males to hash it out. This guy in the photo got chased to the top of this tree in my yard. I love watching them.



Most of our animals are thrilled that they can go outside now. I only let my oldest cat out because he never goes anywhere outside the yard. He actually lounges half in and half out of one of our dog houses. The second oldest, named Shadow, is an escape artist. If the door is opened a crack---ZOOM out he goes! He's such a scaredy cat though. He doesn't stay out long. So besides having cat towers near a couple of windows I bought them a platform to attach to the window in my office so they can argue over who gets to lay on it. So far this morning Shadow won. (It's only up temporarily for now as I just got it yesterday)



I have to mow the grass but I hate that. I wish I could just let the natural flora and fauna grow but the village has other ideas. Silly since Illinois is a prairie after all. I mow and lose my pretty yard weeds. This year the violets are not just purple but also white.



Oh well, I'll be in the woods soon. Enjoy the day.

No comments: