Monday, January 25, 2010

Finally Some Computer Relief

Well, hell's bells! Finally some things are working out correctly. So, fixes were:


upgraded the RAM on this 4 year old computer to 4G

brand new video card installed courtesy of Dell

upgraded the OS from WIN XP Pro 32 bit to WIN 7 Ultimate 64 bit

new wireless keyboard and mouse.


After all that everything is running smoothly. The new OS installation was so very easy. Tweaked the monitor a bit and updated all drivers. Installed new software for the printer since there was a WIN 7 conflict. Backed up all my data online prior to doing anything and it's been restored.

I'm a thrifty dog and didn't feel like buying a new computer right now...maybe in a year or so. I know some people would not have gone this route but it was a great way to save money. It was the reason I bought a computer that could be upgraded. I also thought I'd have to replace lots of programs because I went to WIN 7 64 bit but I'm finding many still function fine. Now that saved me tons of money.

All in all, things are so much better. Now I'm going to go play with all the new things WIN 7 offers. I must say I do like that snip tool and WIN7 Ultimate has everything I need.

No comments: