Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Photos From Around the House

OK, I got a new camera for the holidays. Eons ago I had a SLR of the film type but after it was STOLEN in a home break-in I would just purchase nice little click and shoot cameras. Well, I decided it was time to get a new digital SLR. Since I'm no professional photographer, I decided to start with one under $1000...gawd I didn't realize how expensive those things are.

Here it is: Pentax K200D with digital autofocus lens.




What's nice is that I have 2 older Pentax lenses that I can use on this camera. I love the photos it takes and, of course, all the cool gadgetry on the camera.

So, I've been wandering around the house and outside like a skulking paparazzi takes silly shots. Here's a few:


Shadow on top of his cat condo holiday present---yeah the animals get presents!


Bacchus playing in his new cat garage. 2 of these things are attached together and the boys run through them like wild animals!


Symba hanging out in his new cat computer condo. Yes, they forced me to put a cat condo right next to my computer chair!


Old Cinnamon hanging out.


Tanner hanging out with Bacchus and a bunch of new toys. All the animals love Tanner!

It's a crappy day outside today. So, of course, I took a photo of my backyard trees!





The convicts crying to come out. You'd never know I just cleaned that glass...snotty nosed creatures!

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Digital is wonderful, I resisted for a few years due to quality, but as the pixels have risen, so has the quality.

Beth said...

Congrats on the new camera! You'll really enjoy it.

Sorry to hear that '08 was so rough on your family. I hope that '09 will be an improvement...for everyone!

Beth