Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bad News

My Dad died this morning. Talk about a shock. I just spoke with him on Sunday. He died peacefully after his morning walk. It's been all day and the witch he married has YET to call any of us 5 kids and tell us he died. I really despise her. We found out when my brother was called by the hospital because they couldn't reach his creepy wife. What kind of human being does not take a few seconds to notify the man's kids??!! Here I am in MI, hours away and none of us know what's going on about funeral etc. I'm just sick over this. At least he's in peace and with my late Mother.

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you can get past the witch and celebrate his life.

Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Jody. Sending you strength and good thoughts, and hoping that dealing with her won't be too stressful for your family.

Fish Hawk Jody said...

Thanks to both of you. I so appreciate your kind words. It was an insane 13 hour drive to attend his wake but we made it.

When my sis called that cretin asking for info she lied and told sis the wrong funeral home but we found out the correct one. She attacked my 1 sister as we walked into the correct funeral home. I was shocked to say the least. It was a very stressful time.

The church service the next day was appalling. My 3 sisters and I were completely dismissed as having had any experiences with our Dad by the pastor. Instead the eulogy centered on my stab-us-in-the-face brother...who has always had issues with his line in the birth order being number 4 out of 5 and who is now dead to the rest of us.

Geez, I'm just glad Dad's at peace. I miss him so much. I'm so glad he was with me here in MI all last summer. Also pleased that all his daughters, his fav grandson, 2 of his fav granddaughters and his great granddaughter were able to attend a party we threw for him over Memorial day. He will be greatly missed.