Monday, July 26, 2010

Some Summer Photos

It's been a beautiful summer up here in Michigan. So much better than last year. Veggies are growing well and just the right amount of rain.

My sister visited for 2 weeks. We had a blast. My Dad came with her and he'll be here for another 5 to 6 weeks. His wife had heart surgery so he needs to be away from home as he can't be of any help. His Alzheimer's is progressing and I do notice the changes. Oh well, he's my Dad and I'll take care of him in any way possible.

Also, my 50 lb poodlicious dog, Taffy yanked me to the ground and broke 3 of my ribs! Yikes! My new monster puppy, Baylee yanked my down in the woods and I sprained my ankle! I swear, I should change my name to Calamity Jody.

I haven't blogged much because I've been so darn busy. Busy enjoying the summer sun and my family.

Here's the photos:

Pileated Woodpecker






A new fawn comes to eat with it's Mom:






My sister kayaking from the troll bridge:



My sister at the troll bridge:



The Trolls and their sign!





One of the areas we kayaked through:

5 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I went kayaking in Florida recently and am seriously considering getting one. It is a blast.

Fish Hawk Jody said...

It IS a blast, Ken. We have sit-on-top kayaks which are wider, longer, and more stable simply because with prosthetic knees I can't bend enough to get into a regular kayak! Great exercise and fun at the same time!

Plus a kayak can take you into places other boats can't. We've had ours for about 3 1/2 yrs and we love them.

Lori said...

Those pics are great! LOVE the troll bridge!

Fish Hawk Jody said...

Yeah, the Troll bridge is crack up! It connects the mainland with an island. An island on which ridiculously huge log mansion is built and is rarely used as it's a corporate! The trolls are all hand carved and have been around since before the latest mansion owner...he just spruced them up.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site fishhawkroad.blogspot.com
Is this possible?