Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Song for Sarah Palin

That woman is everywhere..in my newspaper, on my teevee, on my internets. She's inescapable and I'm drowning in her image. LOL So anyway, I was trying to find a song that would fit Sarah Palin. Searching youtube, searching my CD's, searching. And then it came to me like a blinding Northern light--flash!

Living Colour - Cult Of Personality Lyrics @ LyricsTime.com

Check out those lyrics. Perfect. That's what I see, a cult of personality. Now, to be sure, the Palinistas will say the same about President Obama but it's only in their minds they think he's been ordained by God. Sarah actually has said God's opening doors for her. Ew, Ew, Ew.

Here's a sample:

I sell the things you need to be
I’m the smiling face on your t.v.

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your god’s name (btw at lyrics they left out the word "gave")
I’m every person you need to be
I’m the cult of personality

Now if that doesn't peg Palin perfectly!

Here's the video:




Heh, I love Living Colour. They're still playing and you can check their website here. Wonder how many remember them? Enjoy

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, that is very apropos to Palin's perplexing appeal to a certain portion of the population. (And that was some pretty fine alliteration if I do say so myself! heehee)

I most definitely remember Living Colour, and even saw them open for the Rolling Stones. This is still a great song!

Fish Hawk Jody said...

Woohooo! Awesome group. Stones too no less. I've seen them both too. Yes, it is a cult. The followers are unnerving in that they all repeat the same nonsense.

You think Palin can spell alliteration? Also, too!