Monday, April 27, 2009

A Sewing Gadget

One of the biggest pains in the butt for me when sewing is keeping the seams straight. It never fails that my fabric wants to travel and then that 5/8 in. seam becomes 1 in. then 5/8 in. then 1 1/4 in. then 5/8 in. Needless to say the seam ends up looking bizarre. I know seamstresses that can sew a straight line in their sleep---I'm not one of them. Ha! So I found a gadget to help me keep my seams straight.

It's called a magnetic seam guide and it works on any sewing machine. I purchased mine at Atlanta Thread & Supply Company. It's a great place for all kinds of sewing/tailoring things.

Here's the gadget:




And here's what it looks like on the machine:



It's simply held on the machines faceplate by a powerful magnet. I love the thing! Here's to sewing straight seams forever.

No comments: